E-Commerce – Shopping Cart
What do you need to have an online store- what is a shopping cart?
A shopping cart is an online business software that allows the purchase and sale of a product or service. Shopping carts (also known as eCommerce) essentially let you build an online store to sell your products online.
E-Commerce Shopping Carts: How to Choose the Right Platform
Choosing the best shopping cart software for your e-commerce business can be overwhelming. Due to the availability of e-commerce solutions today it’s important you assess your needs and your customer buying habits before choosing a shopping cart.
If you are not certain as to your long-term goals, remember you can start small and upgrade, add more features to your shopping cart as your business line and/or sales increase.
Examples of Shopping Cart Software | eCommerce Platforms:
- Shopify: Offers a range of tools and features to help businesses create and operate online stores. DIY (Do It Yourself)
- ZenCart: One of the well-known and established shopping cart available. DIY (Do It Yourself)
- WooCommerce: A free WordPress shopping cart plugin that is easy to install but will include a fee if you need full integration within your website.
- Magento: This shopping cart helps you take total control of your online store! DIY (Do It Yourself)
- OpenCart: The shopping cart is simple with unlimited capabilities to include products, categories, product reviews and ratings and much more. DIY (Do It Yourself)
Suggested Features of E-Commerce Shopping Carts to Consider
As stated earlier, compare the shopping carts with care; you have the option to start small and as your business sales increase you can always add more features to fit your needs. Some basic options to consider in your shopping cart:
- Large, Functional Product Images and Product Description
Product images and descriptions are among the most effective ways to communicate with customers.
When adding the search function, make sure it is visible. It will help your customers to quickly locate your products.
- Single-Page, Fast Checkout
You don’t want to lose your customer due to a complicated checkout process. A customer interested in buying wants to complete this step as quickly as possible, and it’s important you make this possible.
- Coupon | discount function
Offering periodic discounts will help ensure the return of clients to purchase your products. Customers can also have the option to use coupons for their next purchase within your online store.
- Analytics Stats and Sales Reporting
A good shopping cart should have built-in sales reporting and analytics capabilities. It’s important you are able to track product sales and customer behaviors to help determine your online store activity.
Costs of E-Commerce”
WordPress provides the ability to add a shopping cart within your WordPress website. Free shopping cart plugins and premium plugins (for a fee) are available. Depending on the software you choose, support may be limited; however, there are forums available to help resolve shopping cart issues. You also have the option to contact a professional web designer to help you install and set-up your online store. In the long run, this may save you time and frustration and you’ll be up and running in no time. There are paid carts that can be costly, depending on what you choose. Without a professional web designer helping you, technical support may not always be available.
Professional Web Design Support
Overwhelmed, need help and guidance… The Port Web Design offers professional web designing assistance. We will do our best to help you resolve your problems. You eventually may be in need of help in making custom changes within your shopping cart or website. A professional web designer can assist you with making customized web design changes. The Port Web Design will guide you through the process of meeting your specific needs (change in design or add options to shopping cart).
What type of e-commerce website service are you considering?
The Port Web Design can help you create or transform your WordPress website into an attractive eCommerce store while delivering enterprise-level quality and features. Whether you’re operating a superstore selling thousands of products, or just a sole trader selling handmade arts and crafts, we have you covered
We can also help with:
- New website design
- Website Redesign
- Existing website maintenance
- Ecommerce | Shopping-cart software integration
- Real Estate: Broker, Agent, Rental website development
Integrations, plug-ins, add-ons and maintenance
Many integration features as well as add-ons and plug-ins are free but may require the help of a professional web designer to set it up and adapt to the main design. Whatever your needs, The Port Web Design is available to help you reach your goals in creating an outstanding shopping cart and/or customized website.
WordPress website training and computer help:
- Personal remote WordPress training or group – staff – manager training.
- Real estate or rentals sites backend training - E-Commerce training
- We help you manage and promote your business online
- We help you set up your Google Webmaster account
- Email(s) setup - FREE emails when you host with us!
- Malware detection, cleaning and much more...
- FREE website analysis for new potential clients
- Quick content updates, change images or update products
- Emergency fix: if your site has urgent problems we will fix it remotely
- Who Cares About Mobile Friendly? (87)
- The Port Web Design, Maine’s Premier Website Developer (68)
- Websites: Modern-Day Business Cards (56)
- SEO: How to Improve your Website’s Search… (49)
- About WordPress Content Management System (49)
- Benefits of Using WordPress to Manage Your Content (49)
- Why Do a Website Redesign? Is Your Website Mobile Friendly? (48)
- 4 of the Biggest Web Design Mistakes (48)
- DIY (Do it Yourself website builder) vs Professional… (45)
- What is a Sitemap and Why Do You Need One? (43)
- Help Prevent Your Website From Being Hacked! (41)
- What is Responsive, Mobile Friendly Web Design? (40)
- Is Your Website Boring? (37)
- Basic Facts Everyone Needs to Know about Web Design (32)
- Psychology of Colors in Web Design (22)