Before we dwell into all the technical details pertaining to SSL certificate, its requirements and analytics tools let’s brush up the basics quickly. Google is offering the SSL certificate for every site that is listed on its search engine. Why is it doing that, there are a number of reasons for that. However, if you need to narrow it down just ask yourself two basic questions:
- If you site taking in any kind of text inputs through various tabs like search tabs, contact forms, or login panels?
- Is your portal on HTTP://?
If the answer to both these questions is yes then you need to nod yes to SSL certification for better safety. It will really help in keeping warnings and unwanted risks at bay. Google plans to flag up all those sites that are not using SSL certifications which means next time a user visits your site, they may doubt your credibility because of the “Not Secure” warning sign.What and How?
Let’s begin with the “What”. What is a SSL Certificate? A short form for Secure Sockets Layer, a SSL certificate offers the most secure technology for setting up an encrypted link between a browser and a website. Now moving on to how. How it works? The established link ensures complete privacy and integrity of data passed between search engine and the web server. You might be putting the privacy and confidentiality of your company information at risk if you opt out of SSL Certification.
Moving on to the technical part now. Once you have installed a SSL certificate on your website, there are a few protocols that need to be followed for customizing your webmaster & analytics tools to continue tracking stats and other global search patterns. Once you have added SSL certificates to your site, you will have to let your Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools know that you have added this feature. If you fail to do this, the accuracy of results yielded by these systems might get questioned. There is a simple process of letting Google know that you are tracking HTTPS and not HTTP.
What you need to do is delete the HTTP version of your Webmaster tools and update the HTTPS version. You will also need to add your SSL website to the webmaster tools and then here are the steps you will need to follow:
- Create a Google webmaster account or login if you already have one.
- Select Admin from the top side and then tap on the Property Settings under the Property tab.
- You now need to scroll to the Bottom and then click on Adjust Search Console.
- Select Edit located next to the site domain.
- Now, update it to your new SSL site.
Once you are done with this, you can stay assured that all relevant aspects of your site have been updated according to SSL certification requirements. The accuracy of results of Analytics cannot be questioned by anyone now.WordPress website training and computer help:
- Personal remote WordPress training or group – staff – manager training.
- Real estate or rentals sites backend training – E-Commerce training
- We help you manage and promote your business online
- We help you set up your Google Webmaster account
- Email(s) setup – FREE emails when you host with us!
- Malware detection, cleaning and much more…
- FREE website analysis for new potential clients
- Quick content updates, change images or update products
- Emergency fix: if your site has urgent problems we will fix it remotely
- Managed WordPress Hosting for 2019
- Choose the Best Maine Web Design Company
- Fast and Powerful WordPress Hosting Services
- WordPress: the Best Choice for your Business
- Customize Your Analytics and Webmaster Tools
- A Professionally Designed Website is an Investment
- Starting WordPress Web Development
- Online Success of Retailers Web Design
- Scale Your Business? A WordPress Website Can Help
- Web Design and Your Products and Services