The Port Web Design Website Design Terms & Conditions
* The creation of a website to posting it online, whenever we know the amount of work to be done upfront is quoted on your initial contract. Any extra request will be charged $85 an hour.
* All Website content and related materials: text, graphics, products or information needed must be delivered to us within 30 days of this contract. After 60 days, the site being technically ready and tested successfully, the whole amount will be due (we certify of course that the work will be finalized whenever we will receive the needed material).
* Quality of material:
Grammar, spelling errors and images quality should be the responsibility of the client. Copy editing and website design are two separate services. This falls outside of a designer’s responsibility. Grammar and spelling should be reviewed by a copywriter, not by the web designer.
* We offer basic graphic design (logo, simple header, simple icons ..). If you need elaborate graphics please refer to a professional graphic designer and we will be happy to work with him (her).
* We ask for a deposit of 50% in advance (non refundable) since we do all the work upfront. Each invoice is due UPON RECEIPT. Payments can be made by cash, check or credit card through Paypal. Deposits are NOT refundable since we do all the work upfront.
* Unless agreed otherwise with the Client, all website design services require a deposit of 50% percent of the project quotation total before we start working on the project. A second charge of 25% is required after the development stage and design acceptance, with the remaining 25% of the project quotation total due upon completion of the work, prior to go live.
* The Port Web Design has an intellectual property right on its designs. Of course you own your website but in case you choose to use another firm for the maintenance of your website, once we designed the site, that firm will not be allowed to sign our design. Only The Port Web Design is entitled to sign “ website design & development “
* As a client of The Port Web Design Hosting, it is your responsibility to ensure that your payment information is up to date, and that all invoices are paid on time. The Port Web Design Hosting provides a 10 day grace period from the time the invoice is due and when it must be paid. Any invoice that is overdue for 10 days and not paid will result in a 10% late fee and/or an account suspension until account balance has been paid in full.
Electronic Commerce Laws – The Client agrees that the Client is solely responsible for complying with any laws, taxes, and tariffs applicable in any way to the web design and development Project or any other services contemplated herein, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend The Port Web Design and its subcontractors from any claim, suit, penalty, tax, fine, or tariff arising from the Client’s exercise of Internet electronic commerce and/or any failure to comply with any such laws, taxes, and tariffs.
Performance Liability – The Port Web Design does not warrant that the functions supplied by Web pages, consultation, advice, or Internet Web site will meet the client’s requirements or that the operation of Web pages will be uninterrupted or error-free. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Web pages and Web site is with client. In no event will The Port Web Design be liable to the client or any third party for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate these Web pages or Web site, even if The Port Web Design has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Changes to the design – Changes to the design after approval has been given and development has begun are not included in the initial agreement and are therefore billed at an hourly rate of $85/hour. The cost estimates agreed upon by The Port Web Design and Client are based on the requirements specified in the accepted proposal. Any change in the requirements or delays in communication will have a direct impact on the cost of the project.
Termination of Contract – In the event Client cancels or terminates this Agreement before Completion of the Services, The Port Web Design shall be paid by Client for all completed work and the payment of any authorized expenses. All payments to The Port Web Design are non-refundable.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to
WordPress website training and computer help:
- Personal remote WordPress training or group – staff – manager training.
- Real estate or rentals sites backend training – E-Commerce training
- We help you manage and promote your business online
- We help you set up your Google Webmaster account
- Email(s) setup – FREE emails when you host with us!
- Malware detection, cleaning and much more…
- FREE website analysis for new potential clients
- Quick content updates, change images or update products
- Emergency fix: if your site has urgent problems we will fix it remotely
- Managed WordPress Hosting for 2019
- Choose the Best Maine Web Design Company
- Fast and Powerful WordPress Hosting Services
- WordPress: the Best Choice for your Business
- Customize Your Analytics and Webmaster Tools
- A Professionally Designed Website is an Investment
- Starting WordPress Web Development
- Online Success of Retailers Web Design
- Scale Your Business? A WordPress Website Can Help
- Web Design for Your Business Products and Services