Terms of Service
The Port Web Design Terms of Service – Acceptable Use Policy
Prohibited Uses of The Port Web Design Hosting Systems and Services:
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material
in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, pornographic constitutes an illegal threat or violates export control laws.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE”, “spam”).
The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through The Port Web Design Hosting’s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on The Port Web Design Hosting’s servers, is prohibited. The Port Web Design Hosting accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists.
- Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by The Port Web Design Hosting customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any The Port Web Design Hosting-hosted domain, or referencing any The Port Web Design Hosting account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise
making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
- Operating an account on behalf of,
or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org.
- Unauthorized attempts by a user
to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., “cracking”).
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service
by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction,
or any attempt thereof, of any information of any The Port Web Design Hosting customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass,
or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on The Port Web Design Hosting network or on another provider’s network.
- Using The Port Web Design Hosting’s Services to interfere with the use of The Port Web Design Hosting network by other customers or authorized users.
Customer Responsibility for Customer’s Users
Each The Port Web Design Hosting client is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from The Port Web Design Hosting, is agreeing to ensure that its clients/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about clients/representatives or end-users of a The Port Web Design Hosting client will be forwarded to The Port Web Design Hosting client’s postmaster for action.
If violations of The Port Web Design Hosting Acceptable Use Policy occur, The Port Web Design Hosting reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending client from violating The Port Web Design Hosting’s AUP as The Port Web Design Hosting deems appropriate, without notice.
CALL: 207-967-4691 for more info or Email: email@example.com